Thursday, November 09, 2006

20,000

Hit the 20,000 word mark today. The 20,000th word is....

.... "effort."

Great pep talk email from Chris Baty today as well. He writes very good motivational emails. He's at 8000 words. I wonder if he plans it this way every year though -- to just start slowly and so he appears to be lagging behind so he can help herd along all the people who haven't gotten off to a good start.... Or if it's just how it is?

First time out of three years that I've been part of the people he mentions as: "those doing exceptionally well" which feels good, but as I sit here, having trouble continuing the great progress made last night, I wonder....

I try to take breaks between writing when I'm on a roll, so that I end on a positive note and can start on a positive note the next session. I wonder if I shouldn't just keep on writing when I can and not worry about the next time. Also -- breaking it up into days is being a little too restrictive maybe. Like I will write 2500 words and then stop, worrying about having enough words for the next day. That's stupid. I should just.... Oh my GOD look at all these words I'm absolutely WASTING on this.

Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home