Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"The Magnificent Lakeview Lounge" Continued


Word count: 18492
Pain in abdomen: Pretty freakin intense. I think maybe a strained rib cage? Hairline fracture? All from leaning against a bar (I was not drunk -- I was working and trying to grab a bar towel....dammit.)



I finish off my drink. "I should really get going, pal. It was great to see you. How much do I owe you for the booze?"
"Aw, Charlie. It's on the house, of course," Bart says. "Just come by more often. And remember to tell your woman that if anything happens to you, I'll be happy to take care of her," Bart says.
I laugh, "Oh, I'll be sure to let her know. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. But what if something happens to me?"
"Oh, nothing will ever happen to you, buddy. You're Charlie Bonnet." Summoned by a patron, Bart walks off to pour a beer. "I'll be seeing you!"
Yeah, that's me, I think to myself. Charlie Fucking Bonnet. Nothing happens to me except everything that's happening to me right now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture is the essence of "noir." Could be the jacket cover.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home