Monday, November 13, 2006

All smiles

Had a really great day today. Worked at Morseland and that went well even though I was bartender/manager which I've never done before. Had good after-work-drink-a-beer company. Bears won. Then I came home and wrote and had neat experiences.

One in a while, something will happen where I'll say "Oh man, maybe so-and-so did such-and-such." My novel is surprising me in ways that a story I was writing never has before. Not sure if it's because I'm writing a mystery and I'm figuring it out as I go along or what. But I'm having these neat "a-ha" moments that feel just like the moment when you figure out something clever in a movie.... Except I'm making it up as I go along.

It's kinda neat.

I think I know what "Illinoir" means.

And you people -- you just have these bits and pieces of a bigger picture. Wild. Wild stuff.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty intense! Is it a Bears win or a Giants loss that got the wheels of creativity spinning?

12:52 PM  
Blogger adam said...

It was a combination of the Bears win, the decent day at work, and a triumph over a long-standing technical issue. But I felt this strange feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time.... I think it was called 'elation'....

Wild stuff.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home