Friday, November 24, 2006

I almost had to drug his drink.

Wrote this a couple days ago, probably while very very exhausted. Immediately afterwards, I thought to myself, "I may need to drug his drink to get away with this."

But I'm not gonna. Do you hear me? Not gonna do it.



I stand with my back to the bar and watch the crowd, sipping my drink. It is a typical college scene. The kids look exactly the same as they did when I was last here, all trying to be some perfect version of what they think everyone else wants to see. Whoever says that college is the place where people find their own identities is sadly mistaken. I don’t think that happens until you’re out in the real world, if it even happens then. The only thing different about these kids is that I have gotten older, so they look even younger than they once did. Eventually, looking at a college kid is going to be like looking at a toddler. Babies look like zygotes. I am a giant, stomping around the world, trying not to crush too much; trying not to leave too large a path of destruction in my wake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home